Thursday 9 August 2012

New Purchase - Revell 1/144 F-18/CF-188 Hornet


 I bought this one from Lucky-Model, thought I'd give them a try.  Admitted I could of gotten this model from somewhere else, but I got this one to bulk out the order and make the shipping worth it.  I have said in previous posts that I am not a fan of bright paintwork/CAG schemes.  HOWEVER, if it's an anniversary scheme or a display colour (like the Red Arrows or Blue Angels (listen to that cool music!!!)...) then I may use it.  This mode was shipped with the colours you see on the box for the Candian CF-18 Hornet's 20th Anniversary of service and an CAG scheme, I can't remember who for right now.  Tigermeet schemes I kinda sit on the fence with, it depends on the actual scheme.  French and German schemes are 9 times out of 10 really cool tho. :)

  
   The CF-18 scheme, now I really really do like this scheme.  I think it's really cool and I will be using it for this model.

  The CAG Scheme, I do like this one as CAG schemes go, but I will not be using it.  I might buy a Dragon F-18C later on and use it on the second model in the pack.


   Shame I wont be using the weapons on this one, those AGM-84 Harpoons, AGM-65 Mavericks, AGM-88 HARM's (High-speed Anti-Radiation Missile), look really good too.  Theres a laser designator and a pod of some kind, think its an TILAD... possibly I will need to check that out.  Those stores wont be used tho, so they will be going into the stash.


  Those decals look really good too, that orange will be hard to match but I will give it a go, I've also now got a few spare USAF roundels as well.  So I might get the Revell 1/144 F-15E Strike Eagle that everyones complaining about with the decals and use it on that.  Not a bad idea actually...

  Thats it for this kit, onto the next...

  PEACE!

  Dazz

No comments:

Post a Comment